Dr. Gregory Yount, DMD
A Washington State native, Dr. Yount grew up in Bremerton Washington the oldest of three children. He attended the University of Washington for one year prior to his acceptance to the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland where he graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in System’s Engineering in 1972.
Dr. Yount’ s tenure in the field of dentistry began June, 1981 when he graduated from The Medical University of South Carolina. After graduation from dental school, Dr. Yount practiced in Ohio for 6 years prior to relocating to Mattoon Illinois in 1987. He has extensive training and experience in all aspects of TMJ/TMD diagnosis and treatment, advanced comprehensive and restorative dentistry, implants, and dentures.
During his time as a dentist, Dr. Yount has touched many lives. He strives to make a positive difference in the lives of his patients by providing a warm and friendly office environment. His caring attitude, attention to detail, and his insight into his patients’ concerns is the reason many of his patients are lifelong patrons of his dental practice. His commitment to providing the best quality and most current up-to-date dental care for every age group in his practice is his priority He encourages his staff to update their skills by attending continuing education courses relevant to their area of expertise. Dr. Yount expects the best and is proficient in all areas of his dental practice. He works closely with the most highly regarded specialists and laboratory technicians all over the world to ensure that the dental care provided in his office is of the highest quality. He is an avid learner and continues to train and study in many dental venues
Dr, Yount’s post graduate continuing education training has been paramount in establishing a comprehensive relationship based health care practice. He has spent hundreds of hours completing post graduate training courses which include, but is not limited to, the following:
Occlusion Connection Institute Las Vegas, Nevada – Dr. Clayton Chan www.occulsionconnections.com
- Level I – Advanced Principals of Physiologic Occlusion
- Level II – Advanced Diagnostic Principals
- Level III –Advanced Treatment Planning
- Level IV –Introduction to Micro Occlusion I
- Level V – Neuromuscular Bite/Refinement/K-7 Practicum
- Level VI – Advanced Bite Management
- Level VII –Advanced Micro Occlusion II
Las Vegas Institute of Advanced Dental Studies
- Advanced functional aesthetic dentistry
- Advanced scan interpretation (K-7 )
- Advanced neuromuscular implants
- Advanced neuromuscular dentures
- Mandibular and Myocentric Positioning
- Advanced neuromuscular Coronoplasty and case finishing
- Advanced Practical Occlusion
- Advance fundamentals of neuromuscular Orthodontics
- 1982 – a yearlong series of orthodontic courses on the Begg Technique in Pittsburgh, PA, sponsored by the American Academy of Functional Orthodontics
- 1983-4 audited additional courses on the Begg Technique sponsored by the AAFO
- 1989 – a year-long series of courses on the Straight Wire technique taught by Dr. Brock Rondeau, sponsored by the IAO, the International Association of Orthodontics
- 1990-1 – audited the Rondeau course on orthodontics.
- 2002 – attended two courses at the Las Vegas Institute on neuromuscular orthodontics taught by Dr. Clayton Chan
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your dental health, we invite you to schedule an appointment with our office at 217.235.0434 or email us at email@example.com.